Softening and moisturising perineal massage oil
Our award-winning perineal massage oil is safe to use in pregnancy as you prepare for your baby’s birth. With a unique blend of avocado, lavender, grapeseed, eucalyptus and sweet almond oils, it can be used throughout pregnancy but is particularly recommended from 34 weeks. It’s ideal for encouraging the skin around your perineum to stretch more easily during childbirth.
During childbirth a tear to the perineum (the area of skin between the vagina and anus) is common, and in some births women may be offered an episiotomy (a cut to the perineum). Perineal massage from 34 weeks has been clinically proven to help stretch the perineum and make it more elastic, therefore reducing the risk of tearing or the need for an episiotomy, and help to improve the chances of recovering sooner after birth.
- Perineal massage reduces the risk of a perineal tear or the need for an episiotomy
- Peri Prep Your Bits contains natural and essential oils
- Massage yourself or ask your partner to do it
- Designed to be used to massage external skin before, during and after pregnancy
- A little goes a looong way!
- Not sure how to do it? Check out our step-by-step guide to perineal massage!
- This product is safe for use throughout pregnancy, but we particularly recommend perineal massage 2-3 times per week from 34 weeks of pregnancy
- For external use only
Our perineal massage oil contains:
Sweet almond oil to nourish and moisturise your skin
Avocado oil with Omega 9 for promoting and protecting skin wholeness and health
Lavender oil to help reduce pain and promote healing and regeneration
Eucalyptus leaf oil for increasing blood supply to the area
Grapeseed oil with Vitamin E to help prevent cell damage