Perineal Massage Oil
You can use perineal massage oil to massage the perineum (the area between your vagina and anus) and this is proven to reduce the risk of tearing or needing an episiotomy during childbirth.
Daily massage with Peri Prep – from 34 week of pregnancy - is the perfect way to encourage the area to stretch more easily. Infused with avocado, grapeseed and sweet almond oil, this powerful product helps to improve skin elasticity and suppleness as well as moisturise the area ready for baby’s arrival.
It can also be used for massaging skin pre-and-post birth. And, with the specially designed, controlled-flow bottle, there’s no mess or wastage.
"Not only have I used it for pre birth, I have found it extremely soothing and useful when having piles something pregnant women get before and after birth, this has helped me so much I would highly recommend it! Periprep has been very versatile for me and now I have the comfort to use the oil to massage and stretch my perineum as advised"
- You want to feel relaxed and comfortable before perineal massage so why not have a bath and relax. The warm water will encourage your blood vessels to dilate which also softens the perineum.
- Find a place where you feel safe, comfortable and won’t be interrupted. This could be still in the bath or in bed. You might find it easier to use a mirror for the first few massages until you’re happy with the technique.
- Pour 1-2 drops of Peri Prep on to your perineum. Place one or both thumbs within the back wall of your vagina, resting one or both forefingers on your buttocks. Massage gently downwards towards your rectum in a ‘U’ shaped movement. Aim to massage the area inside your vagina rather than the outer skin for approximately five minutes.
- Massage as often as you wish, but for the best results, aim for once a day or every other day. The massage should be comfortable, although a stretching sensation is normal.
- You might also find it helpful to read our blog on how to do perineal massage.
Sweet Almond Oil - Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil
Grapeseed Oil - Vitis Vinifera Seed Oil
Avocado Oil - Persea Gratissima Oil
Eucalyptus Oil - Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Oil
Lavender Oil - Lavandula Angustifolia Oil