Fantastic Skin Elastic
Massage benefits for relaxation and bonding
Massage can help relieve the aches and pains of pregnancy, which can be brought on by carrying extra weight, having a different posture and the changes in hormone levels.
Bonding with your partner and baby- the importance of touch
Massage – either by yourself or when done with your partner or family member - can promote feelings of love and enhance the bonding process with your unborn baby. Massage stimulates the production of the hormone oxytocin, this hormone is prominent when we are happy, in love and is important during labour, birth and breastfeeding.
Helps relieve constipation
Massage helps to relieve constipation by stimulating the sluggish bowel often associated in pregnancy. The aroma of grapefruit oil during application is also known to help bowel movement
Relieves dry skin and itching
Dry and itchy skin is a common minor ailment in pregnancy that can be irritating and debilitating for women. Fantastic Skin Elastic contains ingredients that not only moisturise, but also help to soothe skin irritations.
Properties of the essential oils
- Grapefruit oil - Helps to relieve constipation and restless legs. Helps with ligament and neck and shoulder pain
- Lavender oil - Reduces stress, anxiety and pain levels
- Calendula oil -Hydrates and moisturises skin. Promotes healing for dry itchy skin
- Geranium oil - Calms skin rashes and eczema. Reduces feelings of anxiety
Properties of the ingredients
- Coconut oil - As well as having deep moisturising benefits coconut oil also has anti microbial properties
- Argan oil - This is moisturising and healing with anti-inflammatory capabilities even on cracked and broken skin
- Beeswax - A totally natural product, as well as being anti microbial. Beeswax helps to increase skin smoothness and is also good at locking in moisture
Use our handy hospital bag checklist to ensure you pack the hospital bag essentials, including your baby's hospital bag and your birthing partner's hospital bag.
Simply complete the form below to download your checklist.