Registered Midwife – Antenatal Class Teacher
Job Role: Registered Midwife – Antenatal Class Teacher
Location: Nationwide - Online Teaching & Face to Face
Hours: Flexible: 4 – 20 hours per week (daytime, evenings and weekends)
Salary: Band 6: £31,365 - £37,890 (pro-rata) basic, plus commission
Benefits: Full training given along with Laptop, Teaching Equipment & Resources and full admin support
Closing Date: 15th March 2021 (interviews w/c 22nd March 2021)
My Expert Midwife is one of the fastest growing, privately owned, specialist pregnancy and maternity skincare brands based in Harrogate, North Yorkshire.
In 2021 we’re launching our own Midwife Led, Antenatal Classes Nationally.
We are a bright, vibrant, fun and hardworking team who place respect, kindness, compassion and understanding high up on our list of priorities. We understand the value that midwives offer for couples and their babies; your knowledge, expertise and experience of pregnancy, birth and early parenting are unparalleled and deserve recognition of those skills.
My Expert Midwife, Antenatal Classes. - would you like to join our team?
An amazing opportunity has arisen for highly motivated, registered midwives with a passion for teaching and educating women and their birth partners on their parenting journey. We are recruiting for midwives in various settings; teaching both Online and Face-to-Face Antenatal Education Classes, nationwide. You will receive comprehensive training and modern teaching resources therefore there is no requirement to have taught antenatal classes before.
My Expert Midwife is a business with midwives and women at the heart of it, we’re seeking dynamic, talented and driven Registered Midwives, who will thrive in a flexible, and fun environment. You will have broad experience within all settings of maternity care, be up to date with all recent innovations in maternity care delivery and have a proven track record of excellence in the delivery of that care. We will provide you with professional indemnity cover, all your teaching resources, including IT equipment and full admin support, we even offer regular clinical tutorials led by a Midwifery Lecturer – that’s how much we value your knowledge and experience in teaching Antenatal Classes.
Reporting directly into the Regional Midwife and supporting the rest of the Antenatal Class Team to deliver our innovative, evidence-based course, you will be responsible for the delivery of our Antenatal Classes Online and Face-to-Face. We need you to be able to commit to teach at least 4 hours per week and be able to commit to at least 1 set evening per week with the occasional weekend morning, but preferably more. All teacher training will be provided along with all teaching resources. As expert midwives ourselves, we understand the value of your skills, so My Expert Midwife will organise all the administrative tasks, so you can focus solely on teaching.
- Ensure that you maintain your midwifery registration throughout your employment with My Expert Midwife.
- Be able to commit to teaching at least one 8 hour course per month (2 hours per week) for online teachers or one 12 hour course per month (3 hours per week) for Face-to-Face teachers, but preferably more.
- Be comfortable teaching group Online as well as Face to Face classes.
- In line with our brand values, maintain the highest standards of teaching excellence and professionalism when delivering your Antenatal Classes.
- Maintain your equipment in good working order and raise any issues in a timely manner.
- As this will be a customer facing role, ability to use initiative to action/resolve any customer issues.
- If there are no classes to teach, assist the team, remotely, at My Expert Midwife with midwifery related content and queries.
- A Registered Midwife with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC).
- Exceptional clinical knowledge, empathy and use of evidence-based practice.
- Previous experience of teaching Antenatal Classes would be advantageous but comprehensive training will be given.
- Have reliable broadband and a quiet room at home from which to teach Online Antenatal Classes.
- An understanding of Zoom, email, Word, Excel and Power Point would be advantageous, but comprehensive training will be given.
- Detail oriented, organised, adaptable with good time management skills.
- Outstanding relationship building and communication skills, internally and externally.
- Confident and enthusiastic, you will have a passion to learn.
If you would like to join our rapidly growing midwife team, at this exciting time please follow this link to apply https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/RCNGLFQ.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or disability status.