Product Development + Compliance Manager
My Expert Midwife is one of the fastest growing brands, specialising in midwife developed pregnancy, birth, new mum and newborn skincare. We are based in Knaresborough, North Yorkshire with ambitious UK and overseas plans. We are a fun and hardworking team who put our people and customers at the heart of everything we do.
This role will be a major contributor to our brand purpose of Midwife Developed to help you feel like you again, only developing products that are necessary, practical, safe and effective. Our rapidly growing brand thrives on being one step ahead in everything we do both in the UK and globally.
We are looking for somebody who will embrace and thrive in a fast paced, results driven environment and who is passionate about helping women to manage the physical and emotional side-effects of pregnancy, birth and being a new mum - sound like you?
Reporting to the Marketing Director you will be responsible for developing the 3 year product pipeline with the our team of inhouse expert midwives and manufacturers; delivering innovative solutions that solve real problems, that will deliver significant incremental sales to accelerate the brand position within the pregnancy, birth and new mum categories.
Ensuring all existing products and future launches are 100% compliant across all territories including; formulation, claims, marketing copy and packaging. Managing the overall stage and gate process for the business engaging key stakeholders, achieving full sign off and landing in market on time.
Product Development key responsibilities:
- Responsible for the Product Development working with our inhouse midwife and marketing team, building and delivering the 3-year rolling pipeline from concept to launch.
- Identify consumer, product and market insights to fuel ideation, concept development.
- Lead the research and development of all new and existing products with the inhouse midwife team, including the claims strategy to ensure all NPD and EPD meets our customer and business objectives.
- Be at the forefront of market insights, global trends, the customer and internal commercial reviews to enhance and develop the product pipeline and bring disruptive products to market.
- Responsible for NPD stage and gate process resulting in landing with excellence; on time, right first time and globally compliant.
- Running monthly S&G meetings with the management team to keep the business aligned and on track.
- Collaborate and engage the wider marketing and clinical teams to inspire, create space for blue sky thinking for product ideas and development of campaigns.
- Partner with finance, operations, and commercial channel owners to develop accurate forecasts for new product launches, to minimise out of stocks and excesses on NPD launches.
- Works to ensure all projects move forward on a timely basis (including copy, legal/claims approval, artwork proofing, samples, testers, etc.), including operations to maintain momentum once handed over.
- Responsible for the NPD P&L & Capex budget; forecasting.
- Makes recommendations based on market analysis for RRPs for UK and EU pricing by sku.
Compliance key responsibilities:
- Compliance lead for all products; new, existing & marketing claims working closely with external experts to seek advice, sign off and provide internal guidance,
- QC for all products including formula, packaging, componentry.
- Working with all 3rd parties on compliance and quality processes; every product is signed off by a regulatory officer.
- Holding the business to account & working closely with our manufacturers to maintain all projects stay on track for the business.
- Provide regulatory advice to the wider business teams supported by an updated product database by market; review of product claims, marketing material, website sell copy and third party packaging.
- Business champion for training all new employees on compliance & case studies of issues.
- Provide monthly updates to the Management Team on S&G progress, QC issues & actions in place to mitigate.
- Review and improve existing quality systems, procedures & implement new ones when appropriate.
- Build with the marketing team a robust consumer testing protocol that provides full compliance for claims on pack and marketing purposes where relevant.
- Improving accuracy of sign offs of labels, packaging with the marketing team and other stakeholders ahead of management team sign off.
- Minimum of 4-6 years working in a brand product development team, working within naturals/skincare.
- Strategic thinker who can work at pace to deliver strong results.
- Proven track record in leading product development from brief to market UK & EU.
- Consumer focussed who thinks globally from concept to launch.
- Good understanding of compliance in the UK & EU
- Ideally holds a project management qualification.
- Proven track record in managing multiple projects with excellence.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong collaboration skills internally and externally.
- Strong commercial/negotiation skills.
Send your CV and a brief overview as to why you think you are right for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org, no recruiters please, deadline for applications 29th November 2020.