Registered Midwife - Antenatal Class Teacher (online National)
Job Role: Registered Midwife – Antenatal Class Teacher
Location: Nationwide - Online Teaching
Contract: Part-time (Zero hours will be considered if that is a preference)
Hours: Minimum 2.5 hours per week
Salary: £18 per hour (basic)– increasing to £26 plus with commission
(£12.50 per hour during the 3 days teacher training & yearly updates/add ons)
Benefits: Professional Indemnity Insurance, Laptop, All Teaching Equipment & Resources will be provided along with complete admin support
Closing Date: Rolling recruitment – 31st December 2021
My Expert Midwife is one of the fastest growing, privately owned, specialist pregnancy and maternity skincare brands based in Harrogate, North Yorkshire.
In 2021 we’re launching our own Midwife Led, Antenatal Classes Nationally
We are a bright, vibrant, fun and hardworking team who place respect, kindness, compassion and understanding high up on our list of priorities. We understand the value that midwives offer for couples and their babies; your knowledge, expertise and experience of pregnancy, birth and early parenting are unparalleled and deserve recognition of those skills.
My Expert Midwife, Antenatal Classes. - would you like to join our team?
An amazing opportunity has arisen for highly motivated, registered midwives with a passion for teaching and educating women and their birth partners on their parenting journey. We are recruiting for a number of midwives in various settings; initially launching in North & West Yorkshire for Face-to-Face classes, we will also be launching nationwide, online classes. You will receive comprehensive training and modern teaching resources therefore there is no requirement to have taught antenatal classes before.
My Expert Midwife is a business with midwives and women at the heart of it, we’re seeking dynamic, talented and driven Registered Midwives, who will thrive in a flexible, and fun environment. You will have broad experience within all settings of maternity care, be up to date with all recent innovations in maternity care delivery and have a proven track record of excellence in the delivery of that care. We will provide you with professional indemnity cover, all your teaching resources, including IT equipment and full admin support, we even offer regular clinical tutorials led by a Midwifery Lecturer – that’s how much we value your knowledge and experience in teaching Antenatal Classes.
Reporting directly into the Regional Midwife for online classes and supporting the rest of the Antenatal Class Team to deliver our innovative, evidence-based course, you will be responsible for the delivery of our Antenatal Classes online, with the option of Face-to-Face or both, when your region launches. You will be required to teach a minimum of 10 hours per month and be able to commit to at least 1 set evening per week with the occasional half day weekend. All teacher training will be provided along with all teaching resources required. As expert midwives ourselves, we understand the value of your skills, so My Expert Midwife will organise all the administrative tasks, so you can focus solely on teaching.
- Ensure that you maintain your midwifery registration throughout your employment with My Expert Midwife.
- Be able to commit to teaching at least one 10 hour course per month (2.5 hours per week) for online teachers or one 12 hour course per month (3 hours per week) for Face-to-Face teachers, out with annual leave, but preferably more.
- Be comfortable teaching group Online classes.
- In line with our brand values, maintain the highest standards of teaching excellence and professionalism when delivering your Antenatal Classes.
- Maintain your equipment in good working order and raise any issues in a timely manner.
- As this will be a customer facing role, ability to use initiative to action/resolve any customer issues.
- For Part-time contract holders - In the event that there are no classes to teach, assist the team, remotely, at My Expert Midwife with blog content, online Antenatal Class cover and customer care queries.
- A Registered Midwife with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC).
- Exceptional clinical knowledge, empathy and use of evidence-based practise.
- Previous experience of teaching Antenatal Classes would be advantageous but comprehensive training will be given.
- Have a quiet room at home from which to teach Online Antenatal Classes.
- An understanding of Zoom, email, Word, Excel and Power Point would be advantageous, but training will be given.
- Detail oriented, organised, adaptable with good time management skills.
- Outstanding relationship building and communication skills, internally and externally.
- Confident and enthusiastic, you will have a passion to learn.
If you would like to join our rapidly growing midwife team, at this exciting time please follow this link to apply https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/RCNGLFQ.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or disability status.