Peri Prep Your Bits
Perineal massage benefits
Supporting the OASI care bundle ethos by helping to reduce the incidence of 3rd and 4th degree tears
Linking the above research with the current OASI care bundle being used in many trusts around the UK at present. The evidence base strongly suggests that perineal massage reduces the incidence of 3rd and 4th degree tears, therefore it should be seen as an essential bolt on to the OASI care bundle to add support for women to avoid OASI https://www.rcog.org.uk/OASICareBundle
Properties of the essential oils
- Eucalyptus oil - Helps to reduce inflammation and pain. Increases the blood supply to the skin
- Lavender oil - A relaxing and rejuvenating oil, which also reduces any inflammation on the skin
Properties of the ingredients
- Sweet almond oil - This is nourishing and moisturising and promotes smooth and healthy skin
- Grapeseed oil - Helps to prevent cell damage as it contains vitamin E, which is a fat-soluble antioxidant
- Avocado oil - This is a monounsaturated fat containing omega 9, which improves skin integrity and promotes wound healing
Use our handy hospital bag checklist to ensure you pack the hospital bag essentials, including your baby's hospital bag and your birthing partner's hospital bag.
Simply complete the form below to download your checklist.