Social Media + Content Manager (mat cover)
Social Media & Content Manager
We are looking for a talented and energetic social media and content manager to join our fast growing, fast paced team here at My Expert Midwife. The ideal candidate will be a social trailblazer who is hungry for growth both personally and for the brand, with a minimum of 5+ years’ experience in social media.
You will be accountable for ensuring all content and creative output tells the brand story in the most impactful and relevant way by channel and you will be instrumental in the delivery of our ambitious growth strategy for the brand. You will have a proven track record of exceeding targets, building highly engaged communities, that drive traffic, revenue, and referral.
In this role you will be both strategic and executional, leading our global social and content calendar, working collaboratively with our inhouse team of registered midwives to create clinical content that is relevant for each channel and market.
Key stakeholder partnerships:
- Ecommerce, marketing, and the clinical team to ensure social delivers against the broader marketing & brand strategy.
- The clinical team to develop clinical content to position MEM as trusted experts.
- Collaborating with the customer care team to support ongoing customer community management helping to nurture customer relationships and drive advocacy.
Social media responsibilities:
- Insight driven global monthly, quarterly, and yearly social media/content calendar for each platform, maximising the relevance of our clinical expertise and storytelling to drive engagement, reach, and follower growth.
- Create high quality, innovative campaigns that disrupt drive referral/shares, traffic, and sales.
- Lead the channel and market strategy for social media to maximise ROI both on time and brand metrics.
- Managing and developing the Social Media executive, developing their skills and expertise. (on board Q3)
- Responsible for the Social Media Executive to implement/schedule all content across social media platforms, including but not limited to Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, YouTube etc.
- Accountable for the monitoring of our social community engagement and moderation responding directly to messages and comments to build trust with our community.
- Work closely with the wider marketing and agency teams to create innovative campaign ideas, social formats and execute right first time.
- Working closely with the ecommerce manager to maximise the commercial opportunity, hitting traffic and revenue targets from organic social.
- Ability to react to trending news (internal and external) and communicate through social/engage in the conversation.
- Stay two steps ahead on all social media trends to improve our social and content strategy.
- You will be accountable for developing and delivering our content pillars bringing our USP to life throughout across our global social presence.
- Working a minimum of 8-12 weeks out with the clinical team to integrate/schedule clinical content into the social media calendar by channel.
- You will present My Expert Midwife as an authoritative and trusted voice in the pre- and post-natal market.
- Collaborating with the marketing team, clinical team, and agencies to produce engaging content/assets such as videos, animations, Q&As, interactive formats, launches to remain a thought leader and relevant within social.
- Maintain and execute MEM’s social media content strategy across multiple channels. Including daily execution at key times. (out of office hours and weekends where necessary)
- Manage all creative content and production for each channel.
Partnerships – Influencer/Brand
- Building relationships with key brand partners to create opportunities to reach new audience, increase fan base, social coverage & traffic to support commercial growth.
- Develop and deliver the paid/gifted influencer strategy and plan that increases brand awareness, reach, new followers, and traffic/sales working closely with the wider marketing and PR agency.
- Responsible for our charity partnership keeping it alive throughout social and building upon its success continuously.
- Measure performance of all partnerships to understand key learnings and take them forward.
- Weekly and monthly reporting against KPI’s, identifying insights that are proactively actioned.
- Use analytics and data to fine tune the social strategy for maximum engagement.
- Research monitors and report on trends or competitor activity that can directly improve our approach.
- Identify key insights around the community and content performance to inform our future strategy.
- Proven track record of building engaged, fast growing social communities.
- Proactive, self-motivated individual and highly resourceful.
- Experienced in creating innovative, engaging social media content for a brand/publisher.
- An excellent planner, with ability to adapt and react in the moment to breaking stories/news.
- An innovative thinker who can take their ideas to market.
- Excellent communication skills who naturally influencers and inspires.
- Commercially astute and results focussed.
- Outstanding organisation and time management skills and ability to multi-task.
- High standards of self and others with impeccable attention to detail.
- Ideally somebody who has 5+ years in social media/content including multi-channel experience and working with scheduling platforms e.g., Sprout Social, design tools like Canva and adobe platforms including photoshop and Premier Pro.
- Experience in launching brands socially internationally is a major bonus.
If you would like to join the Marketing team at this exciting time and think this role is for you, please send your CV and a brief covering letter to email@example.com (reference Social Media Role).
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or disability status.